Live the Life You Love!!

Live the Life You Love!!

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Winter Shopping

Its starting to get cooler down under. I love winters and everything about it...winter clothes, food and drinks. So by now you might have guessed I dont need a reason to shop and I always shop for a reason..lol. These items were purchased on various occasions in preparation of the cold weather. So listing a few of my favorite brands and closet essentials.

Vero Moda
I always buy my jeans from Vero Moda. Actually lately I have been buying most of the things from this brand. Their jeans just fit me so well, I am a size 30 or 31 and their skinnies fit me perfectly.
I was not well earlier this year and this purchase was a back to home gift to myself. I seriously needed some retail therapy.. ;) and also needed a pair of black jeans.
Oh and liked the pink top so got that one too. You can wear it off shoulder or just like a normal top. I had been eyeing it for a very long time on the website, and when I was buying my jeans, it was almost 70% less and they had it in my size (L), so added it to the basket as well. I could have gone with a M, but I like these tops to be loose, this way you can dress them up or down.
The blue jeans and top were purchased separately and I think it was also a reward for something, as I had had a rough week and this made me happy. :) Except the white jumper, all the other items are awesome. I should have sized up with this jumper or looked around some more before getting this. I love white/grey loose fit sweaters/sweatshirts to throw over a pair of jeans or leggings with some boots during winter. 
Price:
Black Jeans- $31 down from $55
Pink Jumper- $18.50 down from $32
Blue jeans- $39 down from $55
White Jumper- $24

We were out shopping for Mr N and I tried this on while waiting for him to finish. He saw it and said you need to get it, so I did. :)
When we went to pay it was down to almost 70% of retail price. It was my lucky day I must say. Its a stylish, comfy and very rich feeling sweater dress/top. I wore this one on his birthday last month and it looks really good. 
Price: $12 down from $99 
We got our first Top Shop last year in my town. I was planning on checking it out but never dared to go in , as I always thought its way over priced (well everything is over priced here in Australia :/ ).
So when they had a 50% sale I peeked in. The sale was incredible, but since I wasnt planning on buying anything I didnt get too many things, except this winter dress. After I came home I realised it was maternity wear.. LOL...but it fits well and was only $20.
Also picked up a pair of pink over the booties socks with a lace frill. Have been wanting a pair of these for a long time, but wasn't sure if I would be able to carry them. So when these were for only $3, I thought i would give it a try. I haven't worn them yet, but will post a pick on how I style them, once the weather gets cooler.
Price:
Dress: $20 down from $119
Socks: $3 

So that was my winter shopping over the last 3-4 months. As you can tell I only shop deals and never pay or like to pay full price, unless I know something is worth that price or I really like it. Now only if the mercury can drop a little bit more so I can break into these clothes. 

Hope you are enjoying and having good weather where ever you are!

Cheers
Nev 

No comments:

Post a Comment